Philosophy Of Education
Education still plays a huge role in our life and its significance is going to increase. In the Information age, well-educated people are the most valuable, it motivates to invest in the education. That is why we should study our educational system more to find out how it can be improved and adapted to the current challenges of mankind.
We can learn more about schools, colleges, and universities if we look at them from a philosophical point of view. It also helps us to find answers and solutions to a lot of questions connected with education. By working in the Philosophy of Education field, we discuss the most significant issues of the educational system and help to make it better.
If you need to write a research paper on it, don’t think that it’s a very difficult task. It isn’t much different from any other research papers and have a similar structure, and to work with it, you should be familiar with philosophical papers and how to write them.
How to Start This Paper
The Abstract section is usually placed at the beginning of this document. It contains a short description of the content of your paper, that is why you should write it after completing other sections, this chapter is not very big, it is recommended to make it 100-300 words long.
As with many other academic documents, the research paper should have its Introduction, it allows you to present the research question that needs to be answered and your opinion about it. This section is also small and lets other to understand your paper goals before reading it.
You are able to tell your readers about the significance of your main question, how original it is, how it reflects other studies — all these facts are needed for your readers if they get interested in your paper. They should be confident that this document can help them in their own studies.
Here is an example of a paragraph that can be used in a paper about attending school:
”Several decades ago, it was hard to imagine a generation of self-taught people. Most of the knowledge came from a teacher and students needed to attend every lesson and listen to what their tutor is saying. Now there is a lot of tools for self-education and interactive books. People don’t need to go anywhere for gaining knowledge, they can just use audio books or read digital articles from a smartphone screen. They can do it wherever they are. It is a good time to consider whether children still have to attend school or it can be optional for them.”
- It contains a few different sections, where you present the main information about your research and its findings. You can with the Methodology section where you describe the methods you use. Tell readers about the tools, approaches, and services that you needed for doing this research.
- There you can describe your quantitative and qualitative research methods and approaches, you are able to show how you interviewed people, how you managed the results, and how you collected the data for your document. You can also write about the process of finding information in libraries and online databases.
- The Literary review section will help you to write about the most notable sources you referenced in your paper. It is not just a list of books but the study of other works and their analysis. Below each item of the list, you should analyze this item and tell how it is connected with your paper.
- The Results section contains the list of your findings, put there everything that you have found during the research and want to discuss in this document. Format it correctly, use different types of information if needed. Check that your readers can understand all your findings if they open this section of your document.
- If you are writing about a specific issue of the Philosophy of Education, it can be the list of facts you found in your sources. If you interviewed people by asking them specific questions on your topic, provide the table of their answers, but don’t tell real their names if it’s not needed.
- You need to specify who were the participants of your study. Write about their age, what they like, and why do you think they are good participants for your research because If you select the wrong people for your study, its results may not have any value.
- You can’t discuss the findings in the Results section, but you can do it in the Discussion section, where you tell readers how do you understand your findings and how they support your point of view. If there was a claim in the first section, you should use your results to prove this claim.
How to Finish the Paper
Most usually, the Conclusion contains the summary of previous sections in a short form. It also contains the directions for further research, and by using this chapter, you can repeat the crucial ideas of your paper.
Don’t write about anything that wasn’t mentioned in previous chapters. You just highlight the most notable points of your document and show how your thesis statement is proven by your findings. It is not difficult if you read a few conclusion examples.
Here is a paragraph that can be used in your document on the Philosophy of Education:
”We can see that students have more ways for self-education than earlier. But attending school is still needed for their socialization and developing speaking skills. That is why we need to support ordinary schools but give our students more time for educating themselves by using modern digital methods.”
Depending on requirements, you may need to add more other sections. Ask your teacher about them and look for samples if you need to know how to write them. You should see the difference between different types of papers because the research on Sports or Engineering can be much different from the Philosophy of Education study.
If you don’t want your work to be a plagiarism, make references to all sources you cite. There is a special place for them, usually located at the ending of your document and please pay attention to the referencing style that you should use in such sections.
Revise your paper before showing it to anybody else. You may think that your work is perfect, but it can contain many errors. It is a good habit to find and fix such errors after completing each section of your Philosophy of Education study.